- Develop and sustain building and equipment maintenance practices and systems.
- Schedule and document routine and preventative maintenance activities. Direct and oversee repair of production machine tools.
- Plan and execute non-routine maintenance/repair activities.
- Supervise and develop maintenance department personnel.
- Formulate policies and procedures to insure adherence to environmental regulatory requirements.
- Formulate policies and procedures to insure compliance with health and safety practices and regulations.
- Develop facilities budget and monitor monthly performance.
- Obtains bids and coordinate subcontracts for construction, remodeling, and maintenance of facility; refuse and hazardous waste disposal; janitorial services; security and fire alarm equipment and services.
- Requisition all supplies and parts for machine tool maintenance & repair; hazardous materials; safety and first aid; building maintenance & repair.
- Key contributor and active participant on safety committee
- Provide management reports as required on maintenance, facilities, and environmental compliance as required.
- Assist in the preparation of annual capital budget.
- Assist in the preparation and justification of Capital Expenditure Requests (CER).
- Provide industrial engineering support.
- Fully support Lean Manufacturing initiatives throughout the facility including Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) activities.
- Develop, track, and publish maintenance department performance metrics.
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years experience in maintenance and repair of industrial equipment and building systems.
- 5-10 years experience in administration of regulatory compliance programs preferred.
- Experience with conventional and CNC machining, injection molding and metal forming equipment preferred.
- Computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project. Experience with maintenance management software preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental and health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Experience with elastomers, plastics, and metal forming preferred.
Job Location Sylmar, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in supervision and training of hourly personnel.
Esterline - 10 months ago