Job Code: HITS02131091
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of computer systems at the operating system and infrastructure level; Operating systems to include; Windows, UNIX and LINUX.
- Builds, configures, troubleshoots and integrates new and existing servers to provide service enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades.
- Responsible for the Operating system patch analysis and deployment.
- Responsible for maintaining the Security posture at the Operating System level for all systems under their charge including Virus Software definition updates, Certification Test Plan generation/execution for system accreditation purposes.
- Responsible for monitoring performance, and system usage.
- Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP): Responsible for the maintenance of system disk backups and data restoration.
- Shift work is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Requires a Bachelors Degree (or the equivalent) with minimum of 7 years experience in related field.
- Experience in systems administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with maintaining web interfaces, and database administration and networks administration.
- Must have UNIX, Solaris and Linux experience.
- Experience in Windows (Server Domain Controller) and System Virtualization (VMware) is required.
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI clearance and to maintain the clearance.
- Knowledge of AIX, IRIX is a plus.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris Corporation - 23 months ago
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...