Our client, a digital start-up is searching for a progressive System Administrator/DevOps with experience in Cloud Management who will help design the deployment and monitoring systems for the social marketplace solution that includes a both a rich web experience, as well as mobile capability. You will be part of an innovative, high-performance engineering team that is committed to delivering application using leading edge technologies in the cloud and implementing best-in-software development craftsmanship.
Our client is focused on helping marketplace participants identify, communicate and transact with trading partners. The business will leverage technologies, capabilities and assets from the wholesale and retail segments to help customers to find what they need and to trade more efficiently and effectively than would otherwise be possible. The lead investor is one of the largest corporations in Atlanta.
This is a contract to hire opportunity with the PERM conversion including base + 10-20% bonus + possible equity.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Take personal responsibility for the availability and reliability of our service.
* Save the company money on infrastructure costs
* Use tools that reliably manage infrastructure and Linux Servers.
* Maintain development environment, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
* Collaborate with software engineers to optimize for task performance, reliability, failover and scale.
* Establish monitoring practices. Provide expertise around infrastructure monitoring and transactional monitoring.
* Manage relationship with cloud providers (IaaS, PaaS, etc)
* Report on production environment metrics meaningful to the business. Think number of searches for Google, or number of flights booked for Expedia.
* 3+ years Linux System Administration
* System Scripting (Ruby, Perl, Shell)
* Networking and System Services (mail, web, DNS, databases)
* System Security and vulnerabilities
* Unit Testing
* Ubuntu/Debian Administration
* Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
* Database Administration (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
* Ruby on Rails Environments
* Source Control Systems (git, mercurial, svn)
* Data visualization (RRD, d3.js, etc.)
Development Operations, Application Support, Cloud, DevOps, Ruby, Amazon, EC2, Slicehost, Rackspace, Engine Yard, Rightscale, Cloudcake, OpsCode, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, mobile, iOS, Android, Ruby on Rails, Devops, Agile, Scrum, Iterative development, datacenter, Chief engineer, Flickr, continuous deployment, Agile, DevOps, IT Operations, Linux Admin, System Admin, Linux Administrator, Systems Administrator, Operations, DevOps Engineer, Amazon, Ubuntu, MongoDB, S3, Nginx, HAProxy, Syslog, Postfix, Perl, Ruby, Shell Scripting.
Planetrecruit.com - 2 years ago