The Core Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of objectives for the section and assists with planning departmental objectives. Performs the daily operation of the Core Lab Area of the Hospital Laboratory, supporting the clinical laboratory testing needs of HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Maintains maintenance, training and quality control records. Ensures annual competency of the laboratory staff in the core laboratory. Ensures all survey specimens are processed in a timely manner and rotated among staff. Contributes to the establishment of a highly professional department to provide exceptional quality service. This position also performs administrative and technical duties. Other duties as needed.
- Familiarity with core lab procedures, techniques and instrumentation.
- 5 years previous core lab experience preferred; supervisory experience in a plus
- Familiarity with McKesson Lab system preferred
- Familiarity with Beckman Access 2, Synchron, DxH800 Hematology instrument, Siemens Clinitek, ACL TOP 500 coagulation instrumentation
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Current certification as MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), CLT (HHS)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience