Responsible for quality management of healthcare issues for patients in designated primary or specialty area, including patient diagnoses, treatment, education and referrals to ensure optimal patient medical management consistent with the PHHS mission of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed an accredited post-graduate Nurse Practitioner program.
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures, if any.
- Pursuant to the Medical Staff Bylaws, must practice under the supervision and/or in collaboration with a Sponsoring/Supervising Physician who is a member of the Active Medical Staff.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Must be able to function independently and as a member of the PHHS healthcare team.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills in working with a diverse population of patients and families, nurses, physicians and community agencies.
- Must have knowledge and skill in educating patients and families. Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.