Position Title: Recruiting Intern
Location: 255 Washington Street, Newton, MA
Reports to: Director, Talent Management
Time Period: May 28 th – August 16 th , 2013
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm, No OT
The Recruiting Intern will provide support to a fast-paced, collaborative and results-driven Human Resources team. Responsibilities will focus on researching and organizing projects for the Talent Management team.
- Check candidates’ references and conduct background investigations using a web-based program.
- Assist Talent Management team with scheduling candidates using MS Outlook, posting new positions on multiple websites and placing help wanted classified ads across the country.
- Assist with the writing of offer letters.
- Assist with applicant tracking and internal job requisition system.
- Work with Talent Managers to ensure that job descriptions are correct and up to date.
- Assist Talent Managers with distribution of computer and communication skills testing.
- Prepare and maintain New Hire Binders and Candidate Folders..
- Analyze results from new hire surveys.
- Research, coordinate information for company newsletter.
- Provide reception desk coverage on a rotating basis.
- Assist with ongoing research projects and company events, as requested.
- Availability to work 40 hours per week.
- Currently a junior or senior at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA.
- Previous office/intern experience, a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook (calendar management), Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Publisher a plus.
- Enthusiastic, professional, resourceful and client-service focused.
- Excellent organizational, research, verbal and written communication skills.
- An assessment will be administered for computer and communications skills.
CommonWealth REIT - 13 months ago