Instructional Services |
K¹² is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K¹² a great place to work.
A high school teacher is a highly qualified and state certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an on line environment. Teachers provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12s learning management system, and they work actively with students and parents to advance each childs learning. As part of their regular teaching responsibilities, teachers are expected to fulfill duties in the following areas:
Planning and Preparation
• Learn the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the state standards and how both align with the K12 curriculum.
• Understand overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents; specifically, how this impacts support needed.
• Utilizes asynchronous and synchronous tools to augment course content according to prescribed policies and procedures. Instruction and Student Achievement
• Orients students to course and communicates course requirements.
• Maintains regular office hours and conducts instructional sessions.
• Sets and enforces deadlines for student work.
• Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues.
• Responsible for student academic progress and attendance
• Balance flexibility of the K12 curriculum with Academy policies and procedures.
• Conduct conferences with students and parents/responsible adult.
• Individualize instruction to help each student achieve K12 curricular objectives.
• Grades student work and maintains grade book.
• Communicates high expectations and shows an active interest in students achievement.
• Alert administrators to any concerns about student performance and progress.
• Recommends promotion and retention.
• Maintains regular contact with students and families Virtual Classroom Environment
• Create and manage home office.
• Organize social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of one virtual club.
• Establish and maintain a positive rapport with assigned families.
• Support students with set-up and maintenance of their teaching environment.
• Support students through basic computer troubleshooting.
• Collaborates with peers.
• Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events.
• Travel to and participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions if needed
Grade 9-12 Requirements
• 3+ years teaching experience
• Bachelors degree, Master's Degree if Applicable.
• Valid Current Teaching Certification in Subject and State being advertise
• Meets states NCLBs Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Flexible schedule
The ideal teacher candidates will also have:
• Experience working with the proposed age group
• Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
• An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
• An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...