The City of Norfolk Department of Human Services is seeking an Administrative Technician for its Fiscal & Business Services Unit . The successful candidate will perform administrative, financial, and budgetary duties. This position ensures quality control for all data entered into a computerized system.
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares confidential and sensitive documents; briefs the department leadership team regarding content.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of mail delivery and mail date stamping procedures for the department in compliance with Federal/State/Local guidelines.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of the department’s office supply and equipment purchase/order procedures in compliance with Federal/State/Local guidelines. Assists NDHS senior administrative staff with visitor’s reception, welcome and visit coordination.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective and accurate fiscal record retention in compliance with Federal/State/Local guidelines.
- Performs Custodian, Safekeeping, and dispatching of financial documents, files and records.
- Receives and screens incoming calls and visitors; determines which are priority matters, and alerts the administrator or executive accordingly.
- Plans and coordinates arrangements for professional conferences, meetings, and/or training events.
- Performs financial and budgetary duties by creating and/or updating vendor information on a regular basis based on contract /purchase order/ and/or written request information.
- Provides information and/or documentation to outside auditors, federal/state/local government regulators, other agency stakeholders, as requested by management.
- Produces a variety of basic reports, documents, charts, and graphs in final form, as needed by fiscal and business services staff.
- Oversees and manage Petty Cash account in compliance with Federal/State/Local guidelines.
- Performs administrative duties by maintaining payroll records and payroll logs, performing employee leave entry into HR system, setting appointments for interviews, preparing paperwork for new hires, and setting up physical locations/equipment and supply orders for new hires.
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced training. An Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field is preferred.
- Preferred experienced working with Foster Child Special Welfare Accounts.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience required.
- Prior experience performing fiscal and business administration functions preferred.
- Prior experience working with a large accounting software system and compliance with Federal/State/Local allowable cost guidelines for grants/programs a plus.