Get your engineering career rolling
Bearing Design Engineer
Join Rolls-Royce as a Bearing Design Engineer and we’ll give you all you need to take your career further. We’ll count on you to design, analyze and support rolling element bearings and hardware for our broad range of gas turbines. You’ll test your engineering mettle, supported every step of the way by a company that’s been recognized by the President of the United States for engineering innovation. In fact, more of our products are built right here than anywhere else in the world – and we’re still growing. It’s time you joined us.
Rolls-Royce is a global business, providing power systems for use on land, at sea and in the air. We have an enviable broad-based business portfolio, with leading positions in each of the global markets in which we operate. That success is down to our people – they share an absolute determination to achieve excellence in all they do.
As a Bearing Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Experience of designing and manufacturing rolling element bearings (including ball and roller bearings)
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering
• The ability to obtain a security clearance
• Aerospace industry and gas turbine engine experience (preferred)
• A solid understanding of rolling element design codes, lubrication and heat generation analysis (preferred)
As a Bearing Design Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Calculating bearing life, contact stresses and heat generation
• Resolving bearing, lubrication and sump development and service issues
• Preparing technical presentations and reports
• Assessing and documenting bearing conditions after engine and rig testing
• Building customer relationships and taking part in technology development programs
To apply for this position please visit https://rollsroyce.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en-GB&job=00030406
Rolls-Royce is committed to equal employment opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Rolls-Royce is a military friendly employer.
ENGINEERING.com - 19 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...