Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels. We operate 400 retail stores, sell through over 2,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's.
Within our Stores channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors and home owners and have built strong customer loyalty based on exceptional product and excellent customer service. If you are interested in finding out more about careers with PPG Architectural Coatings, please visit us at www.ppg.com/accareers .
Are you an energetic retail manager with a gift for motivating others to achieve exceptional business results? If you would enjoy the challenge of running your own store, where you are responsible for leading your team to deliver exceptional customer service and where you are accountable for all aspects of the operation including sales and profit performance, then we are interested in hearing from you!
- Achieve sales and profit plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage and growing net contribution.
- Be focused on customer service by ensuring that high service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership.
- Maintain an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base.
- Recruit, train, direct, motivate, discipline and resolve associate issues.
- Ensures that the appearance of the store's exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards.
In addition to significant career growth opportunities, full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary, commission plan, 401k, life, health, dental and vision insurance.
- Candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- Must have 3-5 years retail sales experience, with management experience preferred.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED, some college credits preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
- Ability to work extended days, occasional weekends and holidays.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds infrequently and 40-60 prounds routinely.
- Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries preferred
- While not required, the ability to relocate will enhance future career advancement opportunities.
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries' vision is to be the world’s leading coatings company by consistently delivering high-quality, innovative and...