Posted by : Chicago Public Schools ( Employer Profile )
Posted date : Jan-06-11
Location : Chicago
The Coordinated School Health Manager will supervise the development, implementation, and evaluation of a $3.9 million per year Federal Teen Pregnancy Prevention Grant designed to address barriers to learning and improve the Leading Health Indicators for students enrolled in the Chicago Public Schools. Project activities include implementation of an evidence-based curriculum, increasing access to health care, providing teen leadership opportunities, and development of a social media campaign. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing grant requirements, monitoring the budget, and supervising staff, partners, and schools to maintain progress on grant activities. The Manager will also serve as spokesperson for the project.
Outcomes anticipated for students and the schools that educate them as a result of the resources provided by Coordinated School Health and other sources include having access to a learning environment with an identified school team that utilizes evidence-based practices addressing the following:
- Compliance with physical and behavioral health-related policies and protocols
- Professional development needs of school personnel
- Comprehensive health education aligned to National Health Education
- Standards and the Illinois Learning Standards (i.e. Social Emotional Learning and Physical Development & Health)
- Evidence-based health behavior intervention services
- Referral protocols for students with physical and emotional health-related needs
Letter of application should contain the following information in the upper right hand corner:
Submit letter of application and a resume to: Résumé Intake Mailbox, Office of Human Capital, 125 South Clark Street, 2 nd Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60603 (or GSR #125).
- E-Bulletin Number (211) ,
- Position title (Coordinated School Health Manager)
- Name of the department (Office of Special Education and Supports),
- Applicant’s name noted on all submitted documents, current work location, home address, and daytime telephone number.
Initial screening of applicants will be based on the contents of letters of application and resumes.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : by 5:00 p.m. of the close of the Business Day of January 12, 2010
NPO.net - 3 years ago
The Chicago Public Schools is the nation's third-largest school district and the second-largest employer in Illinois, with more than 45,000...