We are seeking individuals with business and technology consulting experience to configure and implement our flagship SaaS product for customers from within our Apptio Center of Excellence based at in Cary, North Carolina. You will work closely with customers and the Apptio Field Delivery team to design and configure customer solutions to address their business needs and solution requirements. Your efforts will directly impact the value realized by the customer and the ultimate success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, you must have the passion and energy to work in a startup, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
- Support multiple, simultaneous Apptio implementation projects via remote configuration and development in Cary, NC.
- Gather functional and business requirements from client and translate into a functional hosted solution design which meets customer needs, provides maximum solution value, and is within scope of Apptio products/services.
- Configure, test, & document Apptio dashboards, reports and underlying data models to meet functional design and specifications.
- Operational management of select customer implementations, i.e. loading new data, reviewing and validating dashboard/report outputs.
- Work with the product management and development organization to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases of the Apptio product suite.
- Work with content management to channel commonalities across customers into best practices processes & product delivered templates.
- Work closely with other analysts in the organization to leverage skill sets and deliverables. Provide end user training as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
Business Domain Focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets/data in order to streamline the underlying processes into the Apptio solution; versed in formulaic logic (e.g. Excel).
- Attention to detail.
- Self starter – able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
- Client-focused attitude -- a customer advocate.
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills.
- Competent with packaged application software implementation practices.
- High level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments.
Technical Domain Focus
- Specific knowledge and application of IT services and financial management including budgeting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling, program portfolio management, and application / infrastructure support.
- Operational knowledge of IT infrastructure domains including data centers, network / communications, server utilization, virtual environments, storage, and application development & maintenance.
Experience & Education:
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
- Skilled at working with large data sets in Excel, quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues.
- Skilled at completing technical design via iterative mockups.
- Basic programming skills, e.g. HTML, SQL.
Location & Travel:
- 1-3 years of solid experience in a business or technical analyst role for medium to large scale business software implementation projects.
- 4 year degree in engineering, computer science, MIS, finance or equivalent.
- Training / certification in ITIL or equivalent is a bonus.
- Based at Apptio in Cary, NC
- Willingness to travel; travel not expected to exceed 20% of the time.