Pneumatics Mechanical Engineer
- Pneumatic Systems engineering group develops specialized mechanical valve products for aircraft engine bleed and environmental control systems.
- The qualification/certification of these products involves requirement definition, analysis, design, hardware acquisition/assembly, and product testing.
- Reviewing customer and internal specifications to identify valve requirements.
- Performing trade studies to evaluate potential product solutions and communicate rationale to internal team members and customers.
- Interfacing and coordinating with various engineering analytical disciplines such as performance, thermal and structural analysis, materials, reliability, and manufacturing.
- Interfacing and coordinating with design engineering to create and review product design models.
- Identifying and optimizing design solutions balancing cost, performance, strength, weight, material selection and reliability.
- Interfacing and coordinating with various mechanical laboratory personnel to define, design, assemble, and execute product development and qualification testing Interfacing and coordinating with various documentation personnel to create the analysis, design, and test documentation required for program completion.
- Communicating progress, status, and plans to team, manager, and customer Meeting program schedule commitments while satisfying internal and external customers.
- Providing input to technical presentations.
Tandel Systems - 19 months ago