As a NetApp Planner, you are part of a team responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle. In your role, you will focus on planning and scheduling of items or products that are more complex and higher value or volume product lines. You will handle some project management responsibilities and work on cross-functional teams representing a particular area of expertise. To be successful, you will need to be extremely organized; able to multi-task in a high volume environment and manage projects; have strong communication and teambuilding skills; and be a motivated, self-starter.
Responsibility and Interaction:Responsibility:
- Maintain the integrity of all assigned databases in accordance with established business control procedures and functional policies and procedures.
- Plan material receipts and loads schedules for Production and Shipping to meet established business goals for volume manufacturing.
- Prepare necessary reports and metrics on lead times, scheduling loads and order status and reschedules.
- Lead people and projects on behalf of the Planning team and drive process improvement. This may include representation of the Planning group on cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Other tasks or team participation as required by management.
- Update system tools (Oracle and Webplan) to ensure that the most current order status information is available for use by other business functions.
- Generate engineering change requests to maintain correct database/drawing documentation and to initiate engineering action on problem resolution and/or product or process improvement.
- Document and may establish business controls or functional policies in the form of ISO procedures or desk instructions.
- Plan and drive lead-time reduction effort for assigned product lines, solicits help from Commodity Management in lead-time reduction work with suppliers.
- Manage the transition of products from NPI to production. This may involve using established and agreed to models or require new models to be developed and tested. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of tools, processes, and operations planning.
- Good analysis, project management, and reporting capabilities.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Oracle.
- Ability to work, provide leadership and influence a team of other Planners and cross-functional peers to support deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
Manufacturing Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters) Requisition Number 21181BR
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required; 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree is required with a Business Management, or Operations focus preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks Posting Category Business Operations
NetApp - 8 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....