The NuTech Seed Corn Product Manager will be responsible for management of the corn portfolio and will be the product lead for NuTech corn portfolio. Primary responsibilities of this position include: design & implementation of appropriate testing program, new product selection, life cycle management of entire portfolio, preliminary pricing plans, supply management direction & overview, product characterization & evaluation, fall data analysis & interpretation, marketing support of product line, and portfolio strategy for annual sales forecasting & production planning. This role will also be the key contact for all genetic providers for the NuTech brands. Participation in sales meetings, occasional field calls, field days, and other sales support activities is also expected. Duties/Responsibilities 1. Develop Portfolio Strategy: Develop annual portfolio strategy for brand promise, number of products needed, what market segments to serve, trait launch, genetics sources, and what complimentary products to offer (i.e. seed treatment, etc.). Strategy will evolve and change over time as new market information becomes available and new strategies evolve. Provide leadership to entire company regarding strategy development, training, and communication. Annual sales forecasting and production planning should be developed to support portfolio strategy and overall management of portfolio.
2. Create & Implement Product Testing Plans: Work with contract testing groups, genetic providers, and sales teams to develop and implement appropriate testing plans. Testing should provide data needed to make new product selections, create product performance data, create opportunities for product characterization, and meet cooperative testing requirements. Testing plan should also support current marketing strategy (i.e. Undisputed Yield Leader, etc.).
3. Manage Portfolio Changes: Manage all aspects of product portfolio from new product introduction and life cycle management through product discontinuation. Management & leadership of new product & trait introduction is expected. Portfolio decisions should be in full alignment with portfolio strategy.
4. Analyze Product Performance Data: Review, analyze, and interpret all performance throughout the crop year to enable new product selections, create sales support data, and to serve portfolio strategy. Provide data interpretation and training to field sales teams.
5. Develop Annual Pricing Strategy: Work with Marketing and Leadership team in developing annual pricing plan for crop that meets portfolio evolution needs, pricing package creation, and organizational goals for margin contribution. Initial pricing plans should be developed in the spring during campaign plan development, then finalized in early fall at time of price launch to field sales.
6. Create Sales Support Materials: Work with Marketing to create annual product catalog and other sales support materials to be used with and by sales staff. Technical expertise should be provided for development of annual advertising campaign.
7. Participate in Sales Support Activities: Work with sales teams throughout year by attending and participating in sales meetings, field day & farm show attendance, field call support & occasional field visits, product support and evaluation, one-on-one sales calls, and problem solving. Education and Experience Education: Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business, Agronomy, Ag Education, or General Ag Studies required.
Experience: 7-10 years of experience in agronomic support, product evaluation, product marketing, product sales, etc required. Strong background in agriculture is very desirable, but not required. Competencies Other Qualifications: Job requires ability to work independently as well as work with various employees &/or vendors and the ability to interact with managers at multiple levels within the organization. Moderate levels of analytical, statistical, and interpretational skills is helpful for successful job completion. Necessary skills include understanding of portfolio & life cycle management, basic corn physiology & agronomy, and product marketing. Job requires occasional travel and ability to view & evaluate product in the field.
Pioneer - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...