Nana Management Services ( www.nmsusa.com ), in partnership with Sodexo USA, has an exciting General Manager Food Service oppurtinity in Sitka, AK.
This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food Services in a Hospital. The General Manager ensures client, customer service satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations. Responsible for all foodservice related activities; including patient dining, retail and catering operations, quality improvement, sanitation and infection control. The General Manager provides strong leadership to a team whose focus is exceptional service, exceptional quality and driving customer service.
- Direct responsibility for a Joint Commission accredited hospital
- Provides team leadership by ensuring cohesiveness at the unit and with the
operations including menu evaluation, planning, purchasing, inventory,
- Oversees expenditures and controls unit financials.
- Directs daily food service operations in order to provide quality products
receiving, food preparation and storage.
adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
- Maintains and implements sanitary and food safety conditions and training to
partnership and fulfills the client needs and expectations.
- Develops a monthly report for the client that establishes a rapport, promotes
highest level of delivery.
- Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining
with the scope of services, mission, and values.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Executes strategic plan by implementing short and long term goals that align
to reward, coach, and motivate.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order
state, local regulations and Sodexho/Client policies and procedures.
- Prepares and updates statistical reports to ensure compliance with federal,
and monitoring operating standards.
- Supervises day-today work activities, assigning and prioritizing activities,
and inspections, conducting safety related training, and maintaining on-going
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits
communications with employees.
business strategic initiatives.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure performance is in accordance with
approach to solutions, work is reviewed periodically and ensure objectives have
- Maintains kitchen and storage facilities to meet/exceed sanitary conditions.
- Provides direction to employees and independently determines and develops
activities of unit, exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and
- Supervision provided has direct responsibility of client contract and manages
independence in their assignments, functions as an advisor to a unit regarding
tasks, projects, and operations, becomes actively involved in daily operations
only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
of employees, including initiating personnel actions, such as the hiring and
- Develops and administer budgets, schedules and performance.
- GM has responsibility for selection, orientation and training and development
termination of employees.
HACCP record keeping.
- Monitors internal quality assurance and food safety audit process including
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
A.A Degree plus 3 years of directly related experience (GM of a foodservice
- Bachelor Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or
unit for a Joint Commission Accredited hospital 50 beds or more and have
participated in and satisfied the requirements of a Joint Commission survey),
Registered Dietitian or Certified Dietary Manager.
foodservice operational management experience with inventory purchasing
- If not currently a CDM, must be enrolled and have seven years of direct
knowledge and control.
customer and front line staff levels
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include client, management,
Microsoft Office programs, and the internet.
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, e-mail,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or
levels, role may require strong negotiation and influence, communication to
large groups or high level constituents, representation of the organization,
advanced tact and diplomacy, etc.
information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions,
- Systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze
generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate
the consequences of choosing each alternative.
with clients, supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships
the diverse cultural, ethnic, gender, age, educational, professional, etc.
- The willingness and ability to be aware of, understand, respect, and values
backgrounds and styles of other and to adapt ones own behavior based on that
includes seeking to meet customer needs, expectations, and demands quickly and
- Provide excellent service to external/internal customers and clients. This
effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with difficult
internal or external customers; reviewing complaints from internal/external
customers and taking action to remedy the complaint and treating the customer
and/or ambiguous work environment.
- Demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism and passion when working.
- Work productively and effectively in a fast paced, stressful, demanding,
to what needs to be done, and monitoring performance against a predetermined
- Delegate the authority to complete work activities, giving clear direction as
deadline and/or measure of quality to ensure quality and timely completion of
plans with long-range horizons based upon a sound knowledge of corporate
- Set priorities, plan, and coordinate work activities including developing
expectations (policies, budgets, strategic plans).
commitment including clearly communication and reinforcing aims and goals of
- Motivate and guide others to work hard by building a sense of teamwork and
team, unity, cooperation and excellence.
customers when conveying information, using correct grammar and not slang
- The ability to speak clearly and politely to management, associates, and
terms, and targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the
needs of the receiver.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms,
talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery,
with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); occasional walking;
standing for up to 4 hours; occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Work is
performed in a professional office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively
and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, bend, squat,
climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for
extended periods of time, key, answer telephones, discuss issues with fellow
employees, and lift and carry 25 pounds frequently as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or
requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to
revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a
written or implied contract of employment. As this is a salaried position, it
may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties,
including time spent outside of the normal business hours for which
compensation is included in base pay. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential
duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years
Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, skills and...