A Quality Analyst is involved in every phase of the software quality product development cycle, defines and implements test plans and strategies.
Positions in this function are involved in developing and implementing efficient and effective test plans for new systems problems and/or enhancements. Includes understanding of QA methodology, processes and associated automated testing tools.
- Analyze and dissect system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for large business initiatives
- Ability to write test cases and execute testing within a web service environment
- Product test and driving defect resolution
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans
- Establish and maintain test cases and test data
- Create and maintain test cases in Quality Center and/or Test Director
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance
- Work with business users, system analysts, designers and programmers to create and analyze various required project documents
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality within Information Technology software
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within information Technology software
- Comply with standards and strategies of the software development life cycle
- Ideal candidate will possess the know how to create governance and process around quality assurance practices.
- Candidate will be able to communicate the process to both business and IT leadership
- Medicaid Claim encounters and Revenue Accuracy Management systems. Medicaid knowledge a plus.
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others.
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED plus 3 years of equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software validation/regression testing experience
- 2+ years of experience creating complex SQL queries
- 2+ years of background with distributed environments
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with QTP/Mercury Test Suite
- Experience with Oracle queries (preferred) or SQL Server
- Experience in a regulated industry, either Banking/Finance or Pharmaceutical doing release practices
- Software Testing Certifications: Software Test Professional (CSTP), Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE)
- Policy, accounting and claims knowledge
- Healthcare Insurance Industry experience
UnitedHealth Group IT provides a diverse and comprehensive array of application design and infrastructure services designed to advance improved health and well-being for our customers, and to benefit UnitedHealth Group employees across the enterprise. Comprised of the Application Services Group, Enterprise Technology Services Group and the IT Business Services Group, UnitedHealth Group IT has over 7,000 internal and external resources across the globe, and offices in California, Connecticut, Minnesota, New Jersey, South Carolina, Wisconsin and India.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 18 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...