Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
GIS Specialist Intern
Type of Position:
- A Jr. or Sr. pursing a Bachelor’s degree in geography, planning, engineering, computer science or related field, or demonstrated equivalent ability and/or experience.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work or course/lab experience.
- Strong working knowledge of ArcGIS10 and extensions.
Do the best work of your life!
The Infrastructure & Environmental Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented GIS Intern for immediate employment. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate entry-level experience in Geographic Information Systems specific to Environmental services. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. Regardless of start date, Intern duties will not go beyond July 31st, 2012.
GIS Analyst Intern DUTIES:
- Help with the execution of GIS projects.
- Work as an integral part of a project team.
- Work closely with geoscientists to create reporting-quality maps for client delivery
- Use MXDs to generate cartographic products.
- Insure geodetic and cartographic accuracy on maps
- Adhere to GIS best practices
- Data manipulation and quality control of final GIS deliverable products.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
- Create and manage geodatabases according to standard requirements.
- Create and manage MXD links.
- Data loading, manipulation, and attribution of various project geodatabases.
- Metadata Documentation, importing, exporting, and conversion.
- Quality assurance checks for final GIS deliverables.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...