A new $120M business unit and product line of a growing Automotive Manufacturing Company seeks a Controller with SAP experience. As critical member of the plant management team, the Controller will be responsible for directing plant accounting practices, preparation of business unit P&Ls, business planning, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, variance analysis, physical inventory coordination, tracking of $30M in capital investments, and analyzing and making recommendations regarding profitability of the business. Thisposition will have high visibility to the CFO and will partner closely with business unit management, sales, and corporate accounting. International travel of up to 10% expected initially
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly P&L preparation and variance analysis
- Controlling of plant cost and expenditures
- Review and update standard costs including labor, overhead, and material rates.
- Reviewing scrap and price variances.
- Create and maintain pricing models capable of gross margin analysis and customer quotations.
- Evaluate actual manufacturing costs and preparevariance reports for plannedversusactual costs.
- Create monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
- Tracking of capital investment timing and cost versus budget.
- Budget and forecast preparation.
- Coordinate physical inventories
- Work with state and local agencies to obtain credits related to incentives and grants
- BA Accounting or Finance required
- CPA, CMA, or MBA a plus
- Bilingual in German a plus
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience in physical inventories
- Strong knowledge of shop orders, routings, and bill of materials
- Ability to work in a fast paced high growth environment
- Desire to receive direct feedback from upper management
- Must be proactive and action oriented
- Superior analytical skills
- Microsoft office skills, with strong Excel and Access skills, SAP, AS400