Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineering Manager - Service Center Manager to support our service offerings in the Baton Rouge, LA area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Electrical Engineering Manager - Service Center Manager
Provide business, managerial, and technical direction to the Service Center. When local Operation Supervisors are not part of management structure, provides general supervision for Field Engineers and Technicians and schedule workflow. Serve as customer contact and liaison. Keep track of job progress and financial details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Review and sign contracts consistent with Limits of Authority.
- Responsible for the sales, profit, and quality of the area operation.
o Work with the Region Director, Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Services to promote new business.
o Develop Area Profit Plan using local committee and periodically review plan to insure that Service Center work is on track.
o Hold periodic regular management committee meetings to promote effective communication and review business progress.
o Work with staff to develop weekly invoicing and monthly Status Reports.
o Review and audit field jobs.
o Perform employee performance reviews and recommend appropriate salary changes.
- Responsible for the general supervision, safety and technical training of Field Engineers and Technicians.
o Coordinate technical training for field personnel and assist with career development.
o Review and recommend field technical procedures and procedure changes.
o Interview job applicants.
o Develop and review proposals, and review reports of field engineers .
1+ Operations Supervisor and/or Supervising Engineer
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Action Oriented – Enjoys hard work; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Building Effective Teams – Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; lets subordinates present to senior management; acts as if real success is the success of the team.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with subordinates on work and results.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Additional Company Information
- Four-year degree or graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent, BSEE/BSEET preferred.
- Minimum five years same or similar work experience in the Industrial Service Industry.
- Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and good management skills.
- Communicate effectively, writing and verbally, with clients, peers, subordinates and management.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer controlled test equipment.
- Willing to do some overnight travel to cover field region and attend company meetings.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Emerson Network Power, Electrical Reliability Services is an equal opportunity employer with a written Affirmative Action plan. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information
Click here to apply online
Emerson - 2 years ago