The Client Services Specialist – Shelter Plus Care position assists clients who participate in the Shelter Plus Care program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The major duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Providing Shelter Plus Care services to all clients with housing needs
• Conducting Shelter Plus Care Orientations to advise Client of his/her rights and responsibilities
• Issuing voucher’(s) for housing search
• Providing lists of available housing to clients
• Processing landlord packets for inspections
• Receiving and documenting all additional Information needed for file and year-end report
• Conducting housing inspections in the community as assigned by the Shelter Plus Care Coordinator or the Director of Housing
• Conducting re-certification Interviews with Client and Landlord
• Conducting re-certification Inspections (If needed)
• Preparing Rent Adjustment - Client must receive an interview followed by an investigation to determine the accuracy of the need for a rent adjustment
• Preparing ECM Documentation
• Coordinating and attending monthly hearings with DMH (Department of Mental Health)
• Maintaining APR Documentation and ECM report system.
• Entering General Intake and program intake on all S+C clients
• Updating ECM
• Updating and Maintaining ROSIE system
• Handling other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Shelter + Care and Senior Director of Housing
• Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with referring agencies
• Assisting (when deemed necessary) case management in home visits for observation purposes only
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill and/or ability required.
• College degree in social work preferred
• Experience with mentally ill and chemical dependent populations
• Experience working with low-income and homeless families and individuals
SKILLS AND ATTITUDE:
• Respect and responsibility for the agency policy, including client confidentiality
• Excellent listening skills
• Clerical (typing, word processing, filing, data entry)
• Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to give and receive useful feedback and instructions
• Ability to use Microsoft Office computer software
• Ability to network with other service providers
• Understanding of strength-based models of service delivery
• Ability to work effectively with students and volunteers
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position, select "Apply for this position" at the bottom of the page. If you are a New Applicant, please fill out the Online Application form and upload a cover letter and resume. Fill in the requested fields, including a current email-address and a password of your choice. If you are a Returning Applicant, fill in the requested fields, including your email-address and your password.
For assistance please contact, Christin Hansee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Patrick Center - 18 months ago
Since 1983, St. Patrick Center has helped lead more than 123,000 homeless and impoverished men, women and their families to lives of...