The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the company’s inventory control & management of logistics, warehouse operations, purchasing activities as it applies to manufacturing, off-site inventory of contract suppliers/manufacturers, the supplier approval process, as well as associated operations that comprise the supply chain for raw materials and finished goods. This position is responsible to implement and oversee the procedures necessary for warehouse and purchasing functions in order to meet ISO 13485 and FDA guidelines for compliance. The position is responsible for the safety of operations as it relates to warehouse operations in order to comply with OSHA guidelines.
• Manage warehouse operations on-site and off-site as necessary to meet product demand and maximize the financial impact as it relates to inventory control.
• Ensure the safety of warehouse operations on-site.
• Review, implement, and maintain SOPs, Work Instructions, and procedures as they apply to warehouse operations, purchasing, vendor approvals, etc. in order to satisfy ISO 13485 and FDA guidelines for compliance.
• Train department personnel in procedures and activities as it applies to Inventory & Logistics
• Assist and support activities related to the supplier approval process, supplier audits, oversee contract manufacturing activities as it relates to Inventory & Logistics.
• Manage off-site and contract manufacturing inventory as it applies to Vapotherm finished goods and raw materials
• Supervise incoming inspection through the packaging of finished goods for warehouse operations
• Manage, negotiate, bid, and source materials as necessary for optimal pricing and supply of raw materials and finished goods
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10+ years experience in a supervisory role as supply chain manager, inventory/logistics manager, or equivalent, in an industrial, high tech environment.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations for warehouse operations is required.
• Experience in an ISO environment is required, with FDA related experience a plus.
• Understanding of purchasing functions, inventory control, and management of raw materials and finished product, as well as negotiation skills to reduce overall costs associated with the inventory of materials is necessary.
Vapotherm - 17 months ago