Do all things technology fire you up? Can you swap a motherboard or hook up a home theater system blindfolded?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, congratulations. Your dream career might be waiting for you at Geek Squad.
Our Double Agents know Geek Squad inside and out – literally. They help people embrace technology at Geek Squad® Precincts in Best Buy® stores, while also patrolling the streets of their jurisdictions. While in the store, they provide computer-related repairs, upgrades and installations. They also help customers make technology decisions and sell on-site services. While in the field, which is how they spend roughly 70% of their time, they do everything possible to resolve issues in customers' homes and businesses.
- Perform advanced repairs on client's units and assist with and/or responds to client inquiries
- Travel via Geekmobile™ to client's home or office to provide complete solutions
- Facilitates the complete solution of product sales, upgrades, installations and service in client's homes and in the store
- Provide thorough documentation of all work performed
- Personifies and upholds the Geek Squad service standards and brand while completing highly technical repairs in home or in store
- Receives supervision and work direction from a Deputy Field Marshal and may provide work direction and training to fellow Agents
So if you're techno-exceptional, good with people and great at having fun while doing top-quality work, we invite you to join our illustrious ranks.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 1 year advanced PC set-up, Network, and/or repair of PC products; including but not limited to PC setup, software/hardware installation, data backup, and PC diagnostic and repair, and PC troubleshooting
- Proficiency in peer-to-peer networks and operating systems up to Windows 7; no server experience necessary
- Must have appropriate certifications and/or licenses dependent on state law
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must Have a current valid driver's license and a clear driving record
- With or without reasonable accomodation, must be able to lift or maneuver 75 pounds, and team lift up to 150 pounds
- 2 year Associates degree or higher
- 6 months job related experience with in-home customer contact
Best Buy - 15 months ago
Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and...