Imagination is a custom content agency based in Chicago. We partner with our clients to help them increase engagement and build relationships with their customers. Our technology team is in search of a Junior IT Administrator to perform desktop support tasks and internal systems administration.
The ideal candidate would be able to work independently, but engage in mentoring as needed. Attention to detail and organizational skills are going to be critical for success in this role. The new team member would ideally be a recent graduate or have 2 or less years of experience in IT support and administration.
The whole technology team is passionate about what they do – so the new team member should have the same philosophy and enjoy technology – motivation isn’t just a paycheck.
If you can demonstrate the core concepts and fundamentals that are necessary for this role, the team will mentor and train for new skills and the future vision of the team and the company.
This role requires the grasp of multiple skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel. It will be challenging. It will be engaging. It will be interactive.
The technology team’s mantra – “Design it right, build it once”
The technology team’s mission – “Demonstrate quality, creativity and excitement for our clients and our colleagues on every project”
· Provide employee’s desktop support in a mixed-OS environment (Mac O/S, Windows).
· Investigate and troubleshoot application, operating system and peripheral errors.
· Image new desktop hardware and replace or upgrade legacy hardware.
· Test new applications and operating systems for compatibility.
· Research and recommend new desktop technologies and applications.
· Add/Remove employees to/from Active Directory
· Add/Remove employees to/from Google Apps for Business
· Manage and support system backups
· Manage VMWare hosts and guests
Network Management Tasks:
· Manage and support wireless access points
· Manage Astaro firewall rules when needed
· Manage metro-ethernet office connectivity
· Manage network topology
· Manage MFP devices
Required Skills or Experience:
· Experience with Mac applications: MS Office, Safari, Mail, iCal
· Experience with Windows applications: Microsoft Office
· Experience supporting and deploying multiple desktop operating systems (Mac OS, Windows Windows 7)
· Strong desktop hardware experience (PCs, MacBooks, Laptops, Peripherals – Emphasis on Mac)
· Fast learner with the ability to become proficient in new applications and be a knowledgeable resource.
· Strong troubleshooting skills. Able to diagnose, determine root cause and offer solutions in a short time frame.
· Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP)
· Impeccable customer service skills. This is a must!
E xcellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills or Experience:
· Experience with Mac in an Active directory environment
· Mac/Windows/Linux scripting (Bash, Powershell) a plus
· Experience with Linux/Open Source Applications a plus.
· Experience supporting mobile devices in a corporate environment (iPhone, iPad) a plus.
Imagination is an EOE.