Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Manages teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers; analyzes trends in technology and the impact of emerging technologies on the business; provides assessments and solutions to address technology and business issues; manages financial resources of the company while ensuring the development of high-quality, low-cost technology solutions aligned with customer and business needs; and establishes relationships with employees and key stakeholders (internal and external). Possesses a combination of business, behavioral, and technical leadership skills, the most important being an understanding of the customers’ business needs, processes, and functions
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and plans activities at the department level and business technology initiatives for multiple, business processes/ functions or a small business unit of moderate complexity; directs related or unrelated business functions not duplicated
- Leads and mentors a staff that consist of other managers, supervisors, consultants, and professional staff at the business function level
- Manages services provided to internal and external customers (may focus on a specific business segment of moderate complexity) and the alignment, development, and implementation of IT planning and initiatives to support business strategy, to include analyzing emerging technologies and translating implications of the new technologies into an effective IT strategy for the business unit
- Communicates frequently with management within the division
- Contributes to and influences the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications and provides technical and business expertise
- Manages vendor relationships to maximize value to the business; negotiates simple to moderately complex contracts
- Provides enabling technologies to improve the performance of multiple business processes as well as to increase revenue and profitability
- Manages information systems activities such as IT infrastructure and architecture, applications development, networks, computer operations, and support for one or more products or customers
- Provides high-quality, low-cost services to customers
- Manages the development and delivery of training for internal IT and external users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business areas and six years of relevant technical and business experience (may require knowledge of one industry) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Business experience to include three years in a supervisory/managerial capacity leading diverse work groups and three years of strategic consulting and project management experience in a complex business environment involving multiple business issues and two or more business processes
- Demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT projects on time and within budget
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...