Wafer Level Test Engineer
Silicon photonics is a research effort at Intel to revolutionize computing platforms by creating optical communication devices using traditional silicon manufacturing techniques. Bringing optical technology into the computing industry will transform the way computers work and the value that they provide to people.
As a Wafer Test Engineer on this team, you will support the wafer-level testing of components used in Intel's Silicon Photonic modules. You will manage EVT and DVT activities to qualify optical wafer designs and provide test feedback to R&D teams. You will work closely with Manufacturing Operations on bin and sort procedures.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Define measurement methodologies and automated data acquisition techniques to characterize high-speed optical components at the wafer level with transmission speeds up to 40 Gb/s
- Execute large-scale EVT and DVT test plans and communicate the results cross-functionally to design and manufacturing teams
- Define production test requirements for wafer binning and sorting
- Review wafer mask designs for manufacturability and test (DFM and DFT)
- Manage test equipment and make recommendations for procurement
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a BS, MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in HVM sort testing of photonic devices such as VCSELs or solid state lighting
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing test equipment with an understanding of optical fiber coupling techniques and wafer-level testers requiring fine-positioning systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience integrating hardware and software into high volume test solutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience with statistical data analysis and process control for test and process characterization and yield analysis
- Minimum 5 years of experience scripting with a variety of programming techniques used for automated instrument control and data collection (MATLAB, C++, VB.NET, Labview, PERL, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working in optical communication components and/or systems
- 3+ years of experience designing or testing semiconductor lasers, electro-optic modulators and PIN/APD receivers
- 1+ years of experience designing silicon photonics and/or optical components
USA-California, Santa Clara
May 8, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
The Silicon Photonics Operation business unit is responsible for the commercialization of silicon based optical products.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 9 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...