The primary responsibility of the New Home Specialist is to generate new home sales. The incumbent must facilitate community-marketing campaigns, foster business relationships with select mortgage banks, Real Estate brokerage firms, and other sales generating resources. This position reports to the Sales Manager, Vice President of Sales and marketing, or their designee.
1) Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Real Estate industry and the residential home-building process including but not limited to all fair housing laws.
- The New Home Specialist must:
2) Be able to effectively interact with customers, Real Estate Brokerages, land development companies, advertising agencies, inner company personnel and industry peers;
3) Demonstrate a complete knowledge of the selling process from generating prospects to product presentation to closing the sale to contract administration to facilitation of buyers’ mortgage to customer orientation through the construction process to closing and ultimitely fostering referral business.
4) Demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computer skills having knowledge of office software programs (preferable MS Office Suites) and the Internet.
5) Be capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal direct supervision.
6) Hold a Real Estate license maintaining appropriate continuing education credits and hung with company Broker-in-Charge where state law require.
1) Operate and maintain assigned model home within Company guidelines acquiring prescribed resources and supplies as required.
- The New Home Specialist has the following decision making responsibilities:
2) Independently Assisting customers in identifying Company products for purchase.
3) Interviewing and hiring Sales Assistants, as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate adequate sales and closing volume(s) to consistently maintain above company standard sales performance and customer satisfaction ratings.
- Gather, analyze and periodically update necessary market research, competitive and market analysis for product and pricing strategies for the Sales Manager/Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Develop and train as requested by Vice President new Sales personnel and provide ongoing support and guidance to assigned Sales Associates.
- Staff assigned sales center(s) during all published model home hours. Effectively assign approved company sales personnel to prescribed model hours during periods of leave, vacation, company function or other approved time spent away from the model home.
- Develop marketing strategies for community to include but not limited to temporary and permanent signage, various forms of advertising, direct mail pieces, customer and Real Estate Brokerage incentives structured within Company guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with Real Estate Brokerages and select mortgage banks as required to accomplish Company business objectives.
- Maintain and foster the merchandising and marketing efforts of the model home, sales office, community signage and all speculative and lot inventory.
- Effectively prospect for buyers through fliers, promotional programs and referrals to generate at least one third of their traffic.
- Employee must participate in professional training and attend company training meetings and/or classes in addition to normal sales office hours.
- Employee must be a standard bearer for the Homebuilder of Integrity program, the Eastwood buying experience, and must be proficient in the understanding and operation of the touch back rule, contract completion process and procedures, inventory home guidelines, mail away policy and procedure, and missing items policy compliance.
- Foster an ongoing environment of teamwork and collaboration between all Company personnel and disciplines focusing all actions toward meeting Company objectives.
- Develop and maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for employees and customers at all times.