Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
This position reports to the Construction Engineering Supervisor. Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, workmanship and assures results meet design requirements. May act as Project Field Engineer on a moderate sized project.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge in Civil Engineering construction activities.
- In-depth understanding of request for proposals, project scope, estimates, schedules, and permits.
- Experience providing oversight of both self-performed and subcontract work activities.
- Familiarity with construction scheduling, code and specification requirements, material take-offs, document control and records requirements.
- Extensive experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining appropriate path forward.
- Familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs) or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience preparing and presenting reports.
Knowledge of Subcontract Technical Representative (STR) responsibilities
PE license preferred
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline or specialized courses in engineering disciplines, and/or extensive actual work experience and certifications leading to the thorough understanding of the knowledge described above and a minimum of twelve years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Job Functions: Walking, crawling, climbing ladders
Work Environment: Mask or respirator, lifting 30+ pounds
Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements* for access to classified matter.
HRP: This position is subject to the requirements of the DOE Human Reliability Program as specified in 10 Code of Federal Regulation, Part 712, •712.11. These requirements include on going drug and alcohol testing, as well as periodic medical and psychological evaluations.
- Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a pre-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Term position: Regular-status Laboratory employees applying for term-status positions may retain regular status with approval of the cognizant Principle Associate Director.
Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from the broadest possible range of qualified candidates. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to company website or call 1-505-665-5627.
Los Alamos National Laboratory - 12 months ago
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national...