Associate Data Architect - Corporate Functions-INF0004063
A Corporate Functions Associate IT architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain of human resource systems or corporate solution systems. This includes conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
Corporate Functions include areas such as human capital management, learning management, employee onboarding along with corporate communications and legal systems.
An IT architect is able to look across the this domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of GM approved technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
An Associate IT Architect is an entry level architect position. An Associate IT Architect is expected to have basic capabilities required of an IT architect and a general familiarity with various architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes. An Associate IT Architect will work under the direction of a more senior IT architect while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- Participates in defining solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements.
- Comprehends documentation of the current and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas.
- Leverage and gain knowledge of the business space of Corporate Functions and build a strong understanding how the existing software tools in this space meet the needs of the business.
- Leads the architecture for projects, including logical architectural designs, software requirements and integration designs
- Marshal new software components through the enterprise review process as needed, driving them to become GM standards.
- Architect solutions to meet required availability and data classification requirements
- Participates in a team of architects to accomplish all architectural deliverables for major projects.
- Engages and accomplishes all architectural deliverables for smaller sized projects.
- 4 years experience developing/deploying IT systems in a professional/corporate environment
- 2 additional years experience leading architecture for project teams and project implementation
- 1 years experience in architecting for security and identity preferred.
- Able to identify the distinction and dependencies between business, information, systems and technology architecture layers.
- Ability to contribute to the design and development of IT solutions based on defined requirements in a large-scale multi-national organization.
- Ability to utilize various technologies for suitable inclusion in IT solution designs.
- Ability to comprehend abstract models of IT solution architectures, including various views of solution architectures.
- Ability to work constructively as an individual or in groups with supervision.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date : Feb 5, 2013, 5:33:31 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 2 years ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...