Job Code: 1400
The Pharmacist Staff provides safe and effective medication therapy for optimal patient outcomes and ensures completion and documentation of all work including that of technicians. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Pharmacist Staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advises about medications, medication therapy, pharmacokinetic recommendations, nutritional information, therapeutic drug monitoring and pain management
- Verifies physician orders for safe optimal medication therapy, indications, allergies, dosing, interactions, duplications, cost-effectiveness and formulary compliance
- Integris Health pharmacists at IBMC & ISMC may enter physician orders into information systems for other Integris Health facilities (IMH & IBBHC) as approved by Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy
- Verifies, initials and is accountable for the completion and accuracy of all work including that of technicians within the expected turnaround time
- Ensures all healthcare areas only have medications that are properly dispensed and stored
- Ensures the readiness of all emergency carts by maintaining a proper supply or assigning them to a designated technician
- Compounds and dispenses all pharmaceutical products, making sure that the completed product is accurately prepared, labeled, documented, and distributed
The Pharmacist Staff reports to the Pharmacy Supervisor.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Certain drugs that are handled represent a potential hazard based upon exposure. Such drugs are chemotherapeutics and some antiviral compounds. Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized.
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacy
- Current Oklahoma Pharmacy license
- 15 hours of approved continued education annually
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Previous Home Health experience required.
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...