**This is a 6-month limited duration position**
You share our passion for sports, fashion and an active lifestyle. You are ambitious, keen to learn and quick on the uptake. You also know how to communicate and assert yourself with an open attitude and determination. You enjoy working in a team environment and think internationally. You are fully conscious of the fact that flexibility, logical thinking and the ability to adapt to new situations are essentials for winning the game.
As our Graphic Designer (limited duration) , you'll be expected to bring your own MVP performance to the tasks below.
Design market and consumer relevant product graphics (primarily tee-shirt graphics) ranges for the adidas brand as part of an international design team. Work in collaboration with marketing (product management), development (project management), apparel and footwear design.
Key Accountabilities :
Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
- Create graphics for a variety of product ranges, primarily Apparel and Footwear.
- Manage a calendar and workflow to meet deadlines and expectations as well as attending scheduled meetings.
- Collect relevant information needed to design truly international t-shirt, apparel and product graphics. This to include all possible sources to gain this information:
- Consumer research; focus groups, athlete interviews and general observation
- Trade publications, trade fairs, sports events
- General interest press, trend services, internet, fashion and sportswear magazines
- Frequently participate in local and remote store checks, market visits, team travel.
- Generate trend and travel reports for other members of the Design and Marketing teams.
- Design collections. Work closely with apparel and footwear design to create concepts and execute designs that are consumer and market relevant.
- Produce working drawings and colored sketches. This to involve sketching by hand and the use of design programs and Mac computers.
- Create inspiration/presentations. Show creative output using independent judgment and making decisions based on marketing briefs, consumer, trend knowledge and research.
- Hand off designs to the Tech Design department. Main duty here is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process.
- Present design story to Marketing; sell concept through presentation and influencing skills.
- Collaborate with product management and project management in all issues regarding the realization of certain products.
- Computer skills (Apple Mac: Illustrator, PhotoShop)
- Knowledge of functional sportswear products, construction and design
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to create designs that meet sports category needs and commercial opportunities
- Ability to design for new initiatives and products with a fresh, innovative perspective
- Knowledge of consumer, trends and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and drive design concepts.
- Ability to operate in a fast past, ever changing work environment.
- Four year college or university degree specializing in Graphic design.
- Three years related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or training may be substituted for degree.
adidas’ founder, Adi Dassler, was inspired by a single idea when he made his first shoes, at the age of just 20: to provide every athlete with the best footwear for his or her respective discipline. And 85 years later, we have almost 16,000 employees worldwide who put this same passion and commitment to innovation into each concept, component, process and product we produce.
Our mission is to be the leading sports brand in the world. At adidas we understand it takes a village to accomplish this mission. adidas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other protected status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. You may have heard us say “Impossible is Nothing” or “Celebrate Originality”; to us, these phrases are more than just words. If you share this same passion then apply today!
adidas Group - 23 months ago
Adidas strives to be the leading sports brand in the world – an ambitious yet realistic goal. One major lever to achieve this is the brand’s...