The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company has built our business on integrity, honesty and superb customer service by hiring knowledgeable professionals with a solid track record of achievement. We are focused on hiring and developing people who want to be the best. We offer an excellent benefits package that allows you to select the plans and coverage that best fits you and your families' needs. Our mission statement reads that we are driven to exceed the expectations of our customers, suppliers, team members and shareholders by providing exceptional value with our products and services.
Our Guiding Principles are:
Customer always comes first
Excellence in everything we do
Fair and honest in all dealings
Respect for the individual
Rewards tie to performance
Leadership by example
The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company is looking for a Territory Sales Representative (Outside Sales) for its Union City, CA location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed sales quota by serving needs of existing customer and new prospective accounts-- develop a targeted account list of existing and prospective customers that can be moved into a core customer position.
- Maintain customer awareness of Hercules product offering -- keep current information on all products offered, establishing pricing, and competitive conditions in territory
- Work with Sales Manager to develop a customer specific product platform that addresses a good-better-best-offer -- develop and present a program including Hercules and other brands that maximizes our participation in this platform
- Develop complete customer profile -- in conjunction with the Credit Department develop a complete customer profile that provides information critical to establishing an adequate credit line, with correct terms, and a growth table as we grow our business with the client
- Keep customers open to buy -- assist management in making follow up calls to customers with delinquent accounts with the intention of keeping customers open to buying
- Provide good image for the business unit -- maintain exceptional customer service and practice professionalism, reliability and integrity.
Qualifications Desired:Minimum Requirements:
- Integrity and honesty
- Successful team leader
- Customer service skills to serve our external and internal customers at superior levels
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Shows initiative
- Stress tolerant
- Positive attitude
- Superior listening skill
- Key relationship builder
- Information gatherer
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in territory sales -- preferably in a comparable industry
- Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment
- Experience in choosing, deploying and utilizing marketing and sales applications
- Bilingual -- Spanish and English - preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word -- preferably experience using an ERP system
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of the tire industry
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field of study