ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office and school-supply products, with annual revenues of over $2.1 billion, is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insight and support optimal business decision making. If you’re looking to craft a rewarding career with advancement opportunities, then consider joining the ACCO Brands Finance team.
The Manager will assist in the development and execution of the annual budget and quarterly forecast process. In addition, the manager will assist in Board of Director (the "BOD") presentations, annual and quarterly external reporting, and help management with strategic financial and operational reporting. This role will provide analytical support to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Senior Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis, Chief Financial Officer ("CFO"), and Chief Operating Officer.
- Ensure timely production and issuance of the following reports together with supporting explanations derived from analytic work: monthly Sales Flash, Sales, OI and EBITDA results summary, monthly BOD Operating Income Report, quarterly ACCO Reporting Package, quarterly BOD Financial Results, monthly Sales Reconciliation, quarterly OI Reconciliation and monthly financial Outlook.
- Perform duties for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting; including reporting review, data compilation and analysis.
- Analyze and interpret fluctuations between actual, budget and prior year amounts for consolidated, divisional and operating company results and focus attention on developing business trends and their implications.
- Develop corporate presentation materials for the Executive Team and Board of Directors as required.
- Assist in the development of KPI's to be effectively aligned to strategic initiatives within the business.
- Answer and research questions from Senior Finance Management.
- Provide financial information and analysis in support of quarterly Earnings Releases and 10-Q/10-K for CFO and Vice President, Investor Relations.
- Establish excellent working relationships with the Senior Management Team, finance heads in the business segments, trading companies and shared service functions and influence process change.
- Perform special studies, comparative benchmarking and P&L flux of unusual or one-off analyses (e.g., salary & bonuses flux, commodity cost flux, etc), and other ad-hoc presentations, as required.
- Support the annual planning / budgeting process for ACCO Brands. Includes the coordination of global operating companies, business segments and trading companies as well as corporate office.
- Create new financial models to support the analysis of complex business and accounting issues.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- MBA required, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of financial reporting and accounting experience, including sales/revenue modeling
- Experience in a global business, working with consolidating and translating results of foreign subsidiary locations is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with advanced level of financial modeling a must
- Prior experience with Hyperion Financial Management or Oracle is preferred
- Strong presentation skills – ability to take complex analysis and present data in a concise, easy to understand format. Prior experience of preparing presentations for Executive Management is preferred
- Results driven with excellent financial modelling skills and thorough attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure, deliver to tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Understanding of accounting and financial consolidation reporting principles
- Local Candidates Only