Senior Unix Systems Administrator, Platform Services.
Provide senior level support of technical hardware and software expertise in support of MasterCard Unix (IBM AIX and Solaris) and RedHat Linux Operating systems and platforms. This is an Senior level IT support position, with the expectation that the candidate has the very good Unix skills and is also willing to learn fast. Assist other senior Unix administrators, Managers/Leaders & Consultants with IT support functions and maintenance activities.
• Operating Systems (OS) installations , configuration, systems integration, systems management and security, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, applying patches and upgrades, data and server backup of AIX, Solaris and Redhat Linux
• Troubleshoots networking, Unix/Linux systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems utilizing associated Linux and UNIX command line and management tools.
• Administer, monitor and implement all Unix servers within the highly available distributed datacenter infrastructure.
• Maintain and manage all aspects of Unix server maintenance from operating system patching to security updates on a timely basis.
• Implements system security policy and maintains compliance
• Documents the design of the operating systems, like minimization and hardening.
• System administration support for application servers and services.
• Installs and debugs new and upgraded software on server and client platforms, ensuring compliance with current site licenses; designs, programs with scripts.
• Provides advice, training and technical support for various projects.
• As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, the System Administrator shall expect to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Self-Driven and flexible willing to learn in adjacent areas (specifically configuration of MIP Software). Initiative to learn more.
• Thorough, adhering to critical processes even under stress
• Support business disaster recovery procedures for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Accurately document duties and procedures to aid the department in cross-training and absentee coverage.
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on information technologies or the equivalent job related experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Four (4) years or more experience in Red Hat Linux System Administration experience and program installation, compilation and configuration
• Eight (8) years or more experience in UNIX System Administration experience to include AIX and or Solaris.
• Knowledge and experience working within an industry with minimal to no downtime requirements. Financial industry experience a plus
• Experience with AIX, Red Hat Linux and Solaris 10 administration, maintenance and support. Redhat RPM (RedHat Package Manager – building, scripting, executing). Solaris scripting and automation. Expect scripting
• Networking experience from basics to advanced OS configurations along with security knowledge
• Experience in installation and monitoring of Application Servers
• Experience Network File Systems (NFS), SSH services including standard daemons, protocols and applications, Proficient with some type of scripting or programming language such as Perl and shell scripting,
• Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Ability to identify tasks which should be automated and then write the necessary scripts.
• Solid understanding of the OS and can perform system analysis and tuning.
• Experience with VMware operations and maintenance. Configuration, and/or deployment experience with VMware Server or vSphere and vCenter preferred.
• Understanding of IBM hardware and virtualization
• Understanding of Sparc hardware
• Solid understanding of Hardware including and Network Area Storage (NAS) devices.
• Solaris 10 or Red Hat Certification a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of the Information Management, Information Assurance requirements, especially PCI Certifications
• An understanding of load-balancing, clusters, RAID, firewalls, routers, etc
• An understands purpose of Firewalls and Load Balancers and VPN and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technologies
• Excellent verbal and written skills, organization, project prioritization, and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under pressure without direct supervision
• Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
• Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff (team player)
• Evening, weekend and call-in work, shift on-call required to meet deadlines and correct system failures or for patch upgrades.
• Fast paced environment
• General office environment.
• On Call support needed
• Dress code subject to MasterCard policies
• No Travel required
MasterCard - 2 years ago
Surpassing Visa in market share -- now that would be priceless. Serving approximately 22,000 member financial institutions worldwide,...