Job ID #: 23637
Company : Egencia
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Not Indicated
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Egencia, an Expedia, Inc. Company is the only integrated solution offering world-class full-service travel management powered by its own market-leading technology -- enabling small to Fortune 1000 companies to dramatically lower costs while enjoying a better travel experience. Egencia is a full service travel management that combines the ease and efficiency of online travel services with the personal attention of traditional travel agencies. Egencia is changing the way business travelers plan, book, and manage their trips. We help thousands of corporations manage their travel programs, helping them save millions of dollars a year. During our 10 year history we have demonstrated consistently strong growth, becoming the 5th largest corporate travel management company in the world.
The Egencia product development team is looking for a talented, experienced Database Developer capable of designing and implementing world class internet applications. You will help us build database systems that are high-quality, scalable, and high-performance to meet the demands of our rapidly growing E-commerce sites.
Responsibilities include :
- Assessing business rules
- Performing logical and physical data modeling
- Implementing physical database objects, managing data, building/extending toolsets
- Using Power Designer to document and maintain business rules and implementation specifics within the data model
- Develop optimized stored procedures to solve complex problems
- Tune databases for peak performance
- Implement databases in a Microsoft SQL Server environments
- Work with other disciplines (Program Management, Test Team, Technical Operations, other Software Development Engineers, and various business owners) in implementation of analytical and technical solutions
- Review project plans, development and test specifications
- Communicate implementation limitations and data-driven solutions with all levels of project team and management.
About Expedia, Inc.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional database design, development, and implementation experience in a multi-user environment
- Knowledge of client/server and/or Internet technologies
- Thorough experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and/or 2008 required
- Knowledge of client/server &/or Internet Technologies
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Egencia makes business travel better.