TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services company that is America's leading retirement system for people who work in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields. The company manages $451 billion in combined assets under management on behalf of 3.6 million people and more than 15,000 institutions. TIAA-CREF is headquartered in New York City, with major operations in Charlotte and Denver, Colorado, and some 65 offices nationwide. The company has a workforce of 7,000 employees.
TIAA-CREF's retirement plans provide participating individuals and institutions with a range of options to help meet their financial needs. They include variable annuities, mutual funds, tax-deferred and after-tax annuities, IRAs and brokerage accounts, and investment advice that Forbes magazine calls "the most comprehensive workplace advice." Two-thirds of TIAA-CREF's mutual funds and annuity accounts exceeded their Morningstar median over the past three and five years.
TIAA-CREF's Wealth Management Group offers highly sophisticated financial planning capabilities designed to help clients accomplish their immediate and long term investment goals. We provide these services through seasoned professionals who have expertise in a variety of financial disciplines and who work seamlessly together to meet our clients' needs.
As a Wealth Management Advisor you will have the opportunity to deliver a distinctive client experience that leverages our unique value proposition. Our Wealth Management Advisors are salaried employees better enabling them to provide more objective advice that is aligned with their client's long-term interests. Successful Advisors at TIAA-CREF understand their client's unique financial objectives through one-on-one advice as well as leveraging our collaborative environment to deliver the most appropriate products and services. These products and services include Managed Accounts, Private Asset Management Services, Retirement Plans, a family of no-load Mutual Funds, Life Insurance, Personal Trust and Asset Management Services, IRAs, After-Tax Annuities, Brokerage Service and Education Savings plans.
TIAA-CREF's work is primarily in the academic, medical, cultural and research fields. This role will focus on serving participants and will be located in our offices in Omaha/Lincoln, NE. Strong applicants will have outstanding relationship management skills, solid financial service product knowledge and proven sales skills that will leverage our Friends and Family referral program to develop his or her book of business.
- Serve as TIAA-CREF's primary point of contact for High Net Worth and affluent clients
- Manage and develop an assigned book of business of 400-600 individual high net worth ($500k to $2M ) client relationships across TIAA-CREF's products and services
- Responsible for growing the book of business through identifying value added products and services for clients, identifying and acquiring client assets held outside of TIAA-CREF and developing additional business through client referrals
- Build and solidify client relationships pre and post retirement through a distinctive experience that leverages the unique value proposition of the Wealth Management Group's business
- Requires FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or combination of 63 and 65) licenses -ACTIVE and valid.
- Requires resident state insurance license and non-resident licenses for all states in which the employee will sell insurance products within six months of assuming the position
- Eight - Ten years of proven relationship management and sales experience providing complex financial planning services to high net worth ($500k ) clients. At least 5 of those years within an advisory/production based role. Individual producer role.
- Strong track record in generating sales and a broad background in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues.
- Ability and experience in understanding client's financial situations and personal circumstances.
- Must be able to deliver a distinctive and thoughtful experience that is aimed at providing appropriate advice for the client's situations that secures confidence and business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and face-to-face relationship building abilities.
- Good computer skills that include working with the Microsoft Office suite, CRM and proprietary systems.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required. MBA preferred
- Professional designations such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Chartered Mutual Fund Consultant (CMFC) are highly preferred
TIAA-CREF - 18 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...