Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Professional Engineer license in MS or ability to immediately obtain license
• Minimum BS in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 12 years of experience in Transportation Engineering, and experience in roadway design
• MDOT experience is required either with the Department’s projects or work with the Department.
Demonstrate Familiarity with AASHTO and MDOT design policies and procedures
• Must be proficient with MicroStation, and design software including Inroads, Geopak and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated relationships with major MS transportation clients. Ability to market engineering opportunities in the transportation industry in MS
• Experience in field visits to evaluate existing site conditions, observe construction projects and make evaluations of on-going work
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure/Environmental Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented (position title) for immediate employment in the Jackson, MS office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Transportation Engineering, specific to MDOT roadway design projects. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including Interstate, State and local roadway design projects to include drainage design.
• Perform highway geometric horizontal and vertical design to client standards
• Perform intersection design
• Identify and coordinate utility relocations
• Provide balanced earthwork design when needed and calculate earthwork quantities
• Design traffic control routing, signage and devices
• Design drainage for project needs
• Coordinate work with clients and function as a Project Manager. Develop scopes, budgets, and schedules for assigned highway projects
• Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced staff engineers, reviews other staff work products and ensures a high level of quality work is being produced.
• Conducts peer reviews and implements the URS Quality Control Procedures
• Market clients to identify anticipated work projects, explain URS capabilities and availability, and to keep clients up-to-date on project progress
URS Corporation - 16 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...