This position will be responsible for the day to day interpretation,
application and administration of HR policies and programs of the field
locations for procurement operations and fiber supply. It will provide
support for a broad range of human resource activities including
employee engagement, performance management, recruitment and selection,
equal employment, complaint tracking, employee relations, compensation
and benefits, compliance training, employment transactions in HRTT and
maintenance of personnel files. This is a “hands on” position that
requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization
and requires travel. Typically reports to HR Manager and has 4 or more
years of experience.
- Business Partner: Act with front line management in instituting
work system improvements which positively impact business profitability
and raise employee engagement. Help the facilities build a reliability
- Leadership Development, Engagement and Diversity: educate, coach
and counsel members of the organization on job performance, employee
development and diversity to build work teams who fully contribute to
meeting or exceeding goals. Train and facilitate engagement impact
planning and implementation efforts. Recruit hourly and salary
employees using Pre-Employment selection processes and college
recruiting. Maintain employee relations through periodic site visits.
- Training: Educate and coach line management on company policy
work rules, as well as applicable federal and state regulations to
ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources products and
services and compliance with local practices. Provide training on HR
and business processes and initiatives such as Performance and
Development Roadmap; Engagement Survey and Capability Building.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of
communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely
information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Employee Relations and Personnel Administration: work with front
line leaders and employees to insure that personnel changes are
processed accurately and timely. Serve as a point of contact for issue
resolution of employee compensation and benefits , leaves of absences
and FMLA concerns.
- Understanding the federal, state and local laws that affect
personnel decisions that span over multiple states and locations.
- The position develops strategies and tactics used to recruit
operations employees for open positions.
- On-boarding and developing new hires in several locations.
- Gaining the cooperation of a large number of stakeholders,
including front line leaders, employees and managers to achieve
corporate and business initiative objectives.
- Achieving compliance with International Paper guidelines for
personnel administration, employee relations, recordkeeping, benefits
and compensation administration.
- The position must maintain contact with the GS HR Manager and
corporate HR specialist to maintain alignment and open communication.
- The position supports a dynamic business that operates in a
continuous improvement culture. Change management skills are in high
demand and the environment is extremely fast paced. The incumbent will
be expected to support the change demands from a human resources
perspective and help be a driver of the continuous improvement efforts.
- The position will be responsible for providing support to
multiple sites that are located in several states. The incumbent will
be expected to visit locations for which they have support
responsibility. Approximately 25% travel is expected.
* Key Competencies
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Standing Alone
- Hiring and Staffing
* Skills and Knowledge Required for the Position: .
- MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four or more years of multi-faceted human resources generalist
experience preferred. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong analytical skills
* Education and Work Experience
- A BS degree is required
- Minimum 4 years in Human Resources is required.
- Experience supporting multiple facilities is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....