Govolution LLC is a First American Payment Systems company which is a national leader in payment, billing and banking technologies and are expanding our elite technology team in Arlington VA.
The Arlington location is boutique in size, but backed by its 1300 employee parent company.
Govolution's Velocity Payment System processes $10B annually for medium to large commercial entities as well as Federal, State, and Local governments. Our innovative payment services allow users to integrate via mobile, web, gateway, and bill presentment.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for systems administration, monitoring, security, and performance tuning and analysis. Because availability and security is so important to our mission, Technical Operations has strong influence in business functions. We are looking to expand the group that operates as the heartbeat of the organization with the addition of an innovative, self-motivated, curious, energetic, multifaceted linux engineer.
- Administer a server farm consisting of multiple flavors of Linux and Windows
- Perform patch management, security scanning and remediation
- Manage ESXi servers using vCenter
- Configure load balancers, firewalls, and switches as needed
- Troubleshoot https, ssh, and sftp connection problems
- Manage and create system health check and resource monitors
- Create custom job scripts in perl or shell for various internal processes
- Perform hardware and software troubleshooting for server and desktop environment
- Manage backup and replication systems and processes
- Analyze resource requirements, make recommendations, procure, and configure equipment to meet requirements
- Review application and J2EE logs to assist in troubleshooting application issues
- Participate in performance architecture discussions
- Assist in managing security compliance. Perform security application vulnerability tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years work-related experience
- Skilled in many flavors of Linux, including RedHat and Fedora
- Hands-on experience managing VMWare ESXi and vCenter
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts including server administration
- Hands-on experience with many of the following technologies: Oracle WebLogic, RSA Access Manager, SolarWinds ipMonitor, Apache, Microsoft SQL server, Cisco, Active Directory, TripWire, Cacti, MRTG, Snort, Imperva, DNS, Perl, Bash, Php, Java, EMC, F5, Nessus, Metasploit
- Strong skills in shell and shell scripting
- Solid understanding of software and network security concepts
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and be able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, matching 401k and more!
Indeed - 10 months ago
Govolution LLC is a First American Payment Systems company with over 1300 employees. We are a nation leader in payment, billing and banking...