Job Number: 48649
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Heritage of Southfield, located in Southfield, MI!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates 560 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 32,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 52,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Executive Chef
Type: Full time
Location: Heritage Southfield- 25800 Eleven Mile Road, Southfield, MI, 48034
Contact: Jason Mahaffey
Key Requirements: Strong, experienced manager with excellent communication skills, a strong culinary background, outgoing personality, willingness to mingle with residents and possesses a clean, crisp professional appearance. Kitchen manager experience for this position is preferred. Also, must be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
The Executive Chef performs multi-functional culinary duties related to food preparation including set-up, service and clean up. The selected individual will work to lead daily operations of food preparation. Responsible for training and coaching of staff to ensure competency and that food safety practices are upheld in all areas. We desire a team player with good communication and decision making skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
We seek the following qualifications:
- Supervise food production
- Prepare food daily as outlined on the Food Production Worksheet
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards.
- Assist with set-up, service and clean-up of food production
- Ensure proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment
- Assist with safety and training procedures in handling of food service equipment
- Ensure compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to Food Service
- Oversee kitchen operations and ensure highest quality food/menu preparation and presentation.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, please e-mail your resume to Jason Mahaffey at email@example.com No Phone Calls or Faxes Please!
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have two years supervisory experience and demonstrate ability to manage within a budget.
- SERV-SAFE Certified.
Key words: beverage, catering, chef, cook, cooks, dining, executive sous chef, food, food prep, food preparation, head cook, hospitality, hotel, kitchen, kitchen chef, master chef, meal prep, meal preparation, restaurant, sous, sous chef, Southfield, MI.
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 13 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living cen...