Virginia Emergency Medical Associates is recruiting applicants to join our highly competitive scribe program at INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital in Fairfax, Virginia. We are seeking motivated and hardworking individuals who are eager to work as medical scribes. Our scribes gain significant first-hand exposure to patient care in a fast-paced emergency room setting.
This is a full-time or part-time, paid position for individuals seeking admission to medical, PA, or nursing schools. We also welcome EMT's seeking clinical experience. If you are able to commit one year to the program (32+ hours per week for full-time positions, 16+ hours per week for part-time positions), we invite you to apply. Applications for the 2013-2014 cycle are now available.
The role of the scribe:
- Recording patient histories in an electronic medical record (EMR)
- Transcribing details of the physical exam and patient orders in the EMR
- Documenting procedures performed by the physician
- Continuously monitoring laboratory tests, imaging studies, patient progress, and other evaluations
- Recording physician dictated diagnoses, prescriptions, and instructions
Deadline : While there is no deadline to apply, we do not anticipate hiring scribes after July 2013. We review applications as we receive them, so it is better to submit earlier rather than later. We contact applicants regarding their status based on their indicated start date
-do not be alarmed if you do not hear from us for several weeks.
Lead Scribe: Mona Yazdani
VEMA - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -