Title: Assistant II, Admin
Business Title: Assistant II, Admin
Geographic Location: Maple Grove, MN
Division: CRM Sales
This position is located in and supports the Maple Grove, MN Area and is part of the CRM Sales Organization.
Hours required are from 9:30am-6pm .
Microsoft Excel MyReports PowerPlay
- Supports one or more Sales Directors and their team of Sales Managers.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, and presentations using spreadsheet and graphic software utilizing the following:
Quality System Requirements
- Assists with preparing business expense reports utilizing the eExpense system
- Acts as an informed source of company policies and procedures by answering routine questions or routing to appropriate employees for answers.
- Inputs regional calendar appointments on each of their assigned principal’s calendars/public calendars.
- Routinely assists in planning and coordinating conference calls, meetings and events by coordinating calendars, scheduling catering, ordering audio-visual equipment, working with Corporate Meeting Management department, and working with facilities to ensure room configurations.
- Composes and/or transcribes routine correspondence, letters, and memos. May proofread for grammatical construction, spelling and flow, and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Receives incoming mail, faxes, telephone calls and visitors and routes to appropriate department staff by exercising judgment regarding content and priority.
- Works on Med Ed Program management.
- Works on maintaining the Organization Chart and Personnel Data Information for the area he/she supports so that it may be uploaded and maintained accurately in Quickbase as required. This also includes updates of outlook directory information and email distribution lists.
- Conducts all aspects of the job with appropriate level of confidentiality and sensitivity to employee and organizational data by storing documents carefully and not disclosing confidential information except on a need-to-know basis.
- Continuously learns new systems as required by BSC as it relates to their day to day duties.
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy. Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Solid knowledge of the job. Applies broad knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a general understanding of department fundamentals. Thorough knowledge of company’s core hardware and software applications (i.e. creating charts in Excel, creating presentation in PowerPoint, creating form letters and merging documents in Word, creating database and adding tables in Access).
Performs routine and some non-routine assignments using standard methods and sequences. Demonstrates business writing, proofreading and editing skills. Makes decisions within guidelines regarding planning, organizing and scheduling of work.
Performs general administrative duties to include photocopying, coordinating meetings/appointments, file maintenance, typing, faxing, ordering/maintaining supplies, arranging travel, preparing and/or sorting mail. Drafts letters, memos, reports, presentations and other materials. Compiles records, tracks, and verifies accuracy of data. Answers questions related to established policies and procedures and directs people to the appropriate resource.
Works under limited supervision and receives detailed instructions for new assignments.
Consequence of Errors
Errors can be detected and corrected with relatively minor effect on the organization.
Serves as a point of contact for internal and external customers. Maintains contacts and networks across division/location. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
High School or equivalent and 2 years of related experience with certification in assigned area preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...