G eneral Responsibilities:|
As an Environmental Technician II with Terracon you will perform basic data collection and documentation duties related to environmental field activities associated with Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments. Assist technician or staff professional in complex tasks.
Reports to: Department Manager and/or Office Manager
Position Supervises: None
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Operates basic field equipment such as PID, pH meters, water level indicators, etc.
- Mobilizes equipment and supplies for field projects
- Assists in operating and maintaining remediation systems
- Transports equipment, supplies and documents to project sites, clients or other offices. Prepares chain of custody documents.
- Assists in basic survey/measurement data
- Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment
- Tabulates data and prepares reports
- Assists Environmental technicians or professional staff in operations such as well sampling, collecting field data and sample shipping.
- Assists in construction of groundwater monitoring wells.
Complete safety orientation program.
Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies.
Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors.
Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt.
Attend regularly scheduled safety training.
Report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
- May perform drafting when necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned; such as working as a drillers helper.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to drive, often hundreds of miles per day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to pass a medical examination as may be required by OSHA regulations.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions.
- Participate in the medical monitoring program, if required.
- Pass the 40-hour safety training Program, if required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment will typically be moderate to moderately loud.
Overnight travel may be required with this position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of one year pertinent experience and demonstrated competence in work assignments.
Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history (unless other arrangements have been approved by Division Manager and Corporate).
For personnel performing testing of concrete and concrete-related materials, certification by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) in one or more of the following areas: Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I, Concrete Strength Testing Technician, Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician – Grade I, Laboratory Aggregate Testing Technician or an equivalent recognized certification from a State Department of Transportation that requires a written examination.
For personnel performing soils testing, attendance and participation in and the passing of a written examination in an approved course related to the operation and safety of nuclear density gauges.
For personnel performing structural steel and or nondestructive testing services, should have documented training and testing to be classified as an ASNT Level II related to service being provided.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Terracon requires that candidates complete a satisfactory criminal background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
**No Recruiters/Agencies Please**
Employee-owned Terracon Consultants provides geotechnical, environmental, construction material evaluation, pavement engineering and...