Post by Jobing - Our Vision...We are dedicated to creating a fulfilling lifestyle for our Residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. Creating a climate where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are valued. A "people come first" focus and a culture where striving for excellence is habit. The CERTIFIED CAREGIVER delivers quality assisted living services focused on maximizing residents individual capabilities in accordance with all laws, regulations and company standards.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Below is a description of basic job duties though other related duties may become necessary as directed by supervisor. * Assists residents with activities of daily living as designated in care plan (i.e., dressing, toileting, hair care, bathing). * Reads 24–hour log at beginning of shift. * Makes routine rounds as scheduled.
- Promptly responds to pulled emergency cords. * Assists residents with clothing choices: appropriate for the days weather, clean and stain–free. * Assists with incontinent residents, routinely checking clothing and linens to keep residents clean and dry. * Bathes residents as scheduled or needed (i.e., shower, whirlpool).
- Assists residents with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc. * Assists residents during meal times in the dining area. * Encourages residents to participate in activities. * Routinely checks with residents to ensure resident care needs are being met.
- Reminds residents of daily dental care and shaving if applicable. * Shampoos hair weekly if not done by beautician. * Makes beds daily. * Takes vitals as directed.
- Prepares residents for activities, meals, appointments, etc. * Delivers meals and assists with set–up or feeding as needed. * Verifies residents are present for meals and checks on those not attending unless notified otherwise in advance. * Cleans up spills by residents and alerts housekeeping for follow–up.
- Reports all changes in resident conditions to Resident Care Director or General Manager. * Welcomes new residents and assists with adjustment to community. * Assists residents in unpacking and storing belongings upon move–in. * Assist with labeling and inventorying resident's personal belongings as instructed by family.
- Assists residents with packing belongings when being transferred. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE * Must be 18 years of age. * Must be high school graduate or equivalent. * Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Prior experience in senior services preferred. * Active CNA certification or Home Health Aide certification preferred (follow state guidelines). *Flexibility in scheduling is highly preferred SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS * Must enjoy serving seniors. * Must demonstrate excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Must demonstrate trustworthiness and dependability. * Must work efficiently and effectively with little to no supervision. * Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. * Must be patient and compassionate with residents and families.
- Must multi–task efficiently.
Jobing - 11 months ago