Expeditors is a leader of growth in the logistics industry and has opportunities for motivated team players who have the following characteristics: high energy level, ability to learn new ideas quickly, outstanding work ethics, well developed multitasking skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and proven customer service skills.
Successful employees at Expeditors embody our 10 Critical Success Factors:
- Exemplify and teach our culture, mission, and goals
- Support and protect the Expeditors network
- Attitude and commitment
- Sense of urgency
- Professionalism and formality
- Excellence in our operational performance
- Account management at every level
- Understand our customer’s expectations
- Attention to detail
We are looking for a highly motivated person who can thrive in a fast-paced, professional, and dynamic work environment. The successful applicant to fill this full-time position in our IS Department will be primarily responsible for tier 1 helpdesk support at the branch level, which includes software and hardware support. Good customer service and organizational skills are essential, as well as being highly self-motivated at all times. The customers for this position are our internal Expeditors staff; the ideal candidate must be able to communicate highly technical concepts to our non-technical customers.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Skills and Experience
- Tier 1 helpdesk support
- Basic branch technical support such PC, LAN, Software and systems administration & troubleshooting, in addition to global, regional and branch project implementation.
- Total ownership and maintenance of branch server backups running on Intel and Oracle hardware.
- Total ownership and maintenance of PC, printer, and server hardware at the branch.
- Total ownership and maintenance of server room equipment including: racks, network equipment, servers, and UPS batteries.
- Asset management such as purchasing, shipping, tracking, and maintenance.
- Compliance with Expeditors’ operational procedures related to IS, and conduct regular branch IS Audits.
- Support branch disaster recovery efforts as they occur.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills (previous experience a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- PC, server, backups, printers, networking, and/or scripting experience is a plus.
- Technical degree (or active progress in one) is preferred
Expeditors - 13 months ago
These days, expediting your vacation begins online. As the market leader in online travel services (ahead of rivals Orbitz, Priceline, and...