The HRIS Project Analyst will primarily be accountable for supporting configuration and implementation of the Workday Human Resources solution. Under the direction of the Global Director for Compensation and HRIS, this individual will be responsible for assisting in the configuration and roll-out to our 60+ countries. Upon completion of the implementation, this person will be responsible in supporting the new Shared Services HR organization, extending and optimizing Workday, and assisting with quarterly updates
Typical duties and responsibilities:
• Execute on multiple tasks and activities through the Design, Build, Testing, Go-Live and Post Implementation support phases of the Workday HRIS solution.
• Responsible for testing and configuration of system and documentation associated with upgrades and product extending:
o Gather requirements.
o Prepare deliverables such as System Requirement Documents, functional specifications, test and user documentation.
o Responsible for working with third party vendors to learn and gain expert knowledge on the appropriate Workday configurations.
o Reviews process flow diagrams and configures and sets up system accordingly.
• Very “hands-on” role performing day-to-day project tasks.
• Provide input into configuration decisions based on business flows and other requirements gathered from business users and participate in the architecture of the system.
• Follow a disciplined approach to documenting business needs that need to be met by the solution design.
o Review data/process flow diagrams and documentation, Participate in discussions to elicit requirements using approved business analysis techniques (interviews, document analysis, working sessions, documented business processes, and system analysis).
o Support the Project Team identifying impact to target go-live countries that will result from new configuration and improved business functionality (gap-fit analysis), and identify methods for addressing these gaps and change impacts.
o Maintain document control procedures
• Is aware of current system issues and assists in identifying gaps.
• Analyze issues, activities, and processes.
• Measure and report on requirements activity and maintain timely communications with all relevant stakeholders throughout the project life cycle to the underlying system configuration.
• Assist with data conversion, preparation and reconciliation as needed for product extension.
• Support the Project Team to create test scripts containing acceptance test criteria, test conditions and scenarios. Work closely with the business units and consultants to develop test scripts to ensure the scripts exercise the relevant system functionality and stability.
• Support definition and implementation of test plans for all phases of testing.
• Develop specific action plan, commit to action steps and perform day-to-day project tasks.
• Ensure all end-users are trained and supported for go-live.
• Strong affinity for technology and HRIS software
• Willingness to learn and work closely with expert consultants to understand the system.
• Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet project & operational deadlines and to work to tight timelines as required for “go-live”
• Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, cross functional problem.
• Demonstrated highly motivated strong leadership and teambuilding skills with self-motivation, problem solving abilities, team spirit and a “hands on” mentality
• Ability to learn the system based on Certified Training provided by Workday.
• Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification
• 1-2 years corporate experience in systems preferred.
• The individual filling this position must:
o Be able to multi task and meet aggressive deadlines.
o Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
o Have strong computer skills and be proficient in MS Word, Access, and Excel.
• This role may require national and international travel.