Under limited supervision, supports the head of a department by providing advanced level administrative support and general office duties of a highly responsible and confidential. Frequently handles highly confidential and sensitive information and files. Communicates with contacts at all levels in and outside of the organization. Typically reports to a director or vice president.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work for the manager's office and the department in accordance to manager's method of operation and the operations and procedures of the department and organization. Initiates any follow-up action.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors. Answers routine questions and provides information related to general department operations, policies and procedures using discretion for matters pertaining to confidential or sensitive information. Determines when to appropriately refer inquiries, requests or issues to managers or department staff members and follows up to ensure resolution on behalf of manager or department.
- Schedules appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Organizes and prepares routine correspondence for the department manager, as well as complex documents including reports, spreadsheets, presentations and various forms of communications documents requiring the integration of multiple office technology and software applications. May act as the department's office resource for word processing and spreadsheet application.
- Prepares special reports that require gathering, comparing and summarizing data.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence and records. Handles and frequently accesses highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Assists with tracking the department budget. Tracks and compiles expenses. Prepares monthly expense reports. May address issues to department manager.
- Performs other related duties following standard office routine, practices and procedures or instructions.
- Work will be focused on transition of all hospital and medical office departments to new facility.
- Will provide support at varying levels for 5-6 project managers.
- 5+ years' experience performing administrative support functions for department managers.
- Experience in coordinating and providing support to large complex projects.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required.
- Lotus Notes skills preferred.
- Advanced level proficiency with e-mail software, MicroSoft Word and with any of the following office technology (required only if applicable to department's needs): PowerPoint, Excel or Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership environment.
Skills testing: Advanced level Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & Typing (45WPM).
- Proficiency in M/S project.
***NOTE: This is a temporary benefited position. Expected length of employment: Up to 3 years.***
Kaiser Permanente - 9 months ago
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America's leading nonprofit integrated health...