Job Order: J0213-0370 - Contract
Title: Java Programmer Analyst
Category: Information Technology
City: New York, New York, United States
Job Description: Java Programmer Analyst
CGI is hiring Java Programmer Analysts in the New York City (Queens) area that will focus on the design, development and support of application, interface and conversion programs for the project through the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). ETL Development will support the Application Conversion and Interfaces and the Reports Datawarehouse for Cognos reports.
The individual will be a part of the team as a Programmer Analyst, developing new applications, implementing and integrating the applications for the JMS Project. He/She will be an experienced development resource with strong Java, Oracle and BPM skills and well versed in the SDLC lifecycle processes. The individual will work closely with the product team and client staff to deliver the solution as per requirements and designs. Responsible for the application design, development and until testing throughout the SDLC. The scope of design and development includes but is not limited to data extraction from heterogeneous data sources, data transformation (e.g., data cleansing), database loading, and production support to meet the data needs of the projects. Understands the analysis of business problems and opportunities in the context of addressing project requirements and recommending efficient and cost effective solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the application functionality for delivery in support of different project initiatives including coding, testing and data conversion. Effectively collaborates in a team environment that includes other CGI members and client team members but firmly understands and maintains appropriate consultant
- client relationships. The successful candidate must have the experience and self-initiative to learn new tools and methodologies in a minimum amount of time
Project responsibilities will include:
- Perform multi-disciplinary technical tasks that require strong object-oriented design skills and system design skills, Web application architecture, presentation framework skills, J2EE and Java technology architecture, and knowledge of Web application security.
- Provide recommendations on development methodologies and frameworks for projects as well as Java and J2EE technologies.
- Provide Business Process Management (BPM) experience for development methodologies and frameworks for projects as well as Java and J2EE technologies.
- Conduct and participate in the requirements and design walk through meetings with the client and CGI personnel.
- Work closely with the development and QA teams to ensure that the solutions meet the business and non-functional requirements.
- Trouble shoot issues with the implementation of the solution
- Assist in the final implementation planning and the go-live activities and post-cutover tasks
- Become proficient in the JMS solution by working with the CGI team and formal / informal training.
- Provide timely status to the team lead
- Help with the deployment of the developed work.
- Provide training to junior members of the team
- Collaborate with business users/developers to provide required data
- Research and provide alternatives and recommendations based on best practices and application functionality
- Design, develop, test and implement applications, processes, programs, scripts and tasks
- Gains necessary input/approval of requirements and design and participates in code reviews and may perform code review for others
- Assists in requirements gathering and creates system and user documentation
- Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues.
- Validate the data in the database and also responsible for testing the routines developed.
- Lead user sessions for requirements gathering and testing.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of assigned tasks
- Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
- Create unit test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform unit testing.
- Work with existing systems to track and manage incidents, requests and issues.
Essential Skills Required
- 3+ years experience with
o Java, JBOSS, J2EE
o BPM tools, such as IBM BPM or Pega
o data analysis, data integration, and database design and development.
o Strong relational database knowledge. DB2 LUW preferred.
- High level of proficiency in advanced query development and design with one or more of the following:
- Solid experience in analyzing query performance issues and modifying data structures or application code to remedy performance problems.
- Advanced knowledge in Shell and PERL scripting in Unix/Linux environment.
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional data models.
- Proficiency with Cognos reporting tool
- Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
- Experience in Korn and Unix shell scripting, using complex SQL and Data Warehouse processing.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent team skills and effective communications with all levels of internal and external clients and staff.
IBM BPM or comparable BPM tools.
College degree plus 3 or more years Java experience; Experience with BPM (Business Process Management) tools for development (IBM BPM, etc.) At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
CGI - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...