ONEsite is seeking a talented and experienced Engineer to join the DevOps Team. As technology increases, we have an increased need for individuals that work across the standard "Operations vs. Development" lines.
This candidate should be comfortable working in a fast paced, agile development environment and should be pro-active in planning and troubleshooting. This person will start out by supporting and learning our existing tools and services and should eventually move on to planning and owning tools, projects, and systems.
- Experience with Linux operating system (2+ years)
- Working knowledge of PHP or Python - C/C++, Java, Perl a plus
- Experience implementing and maintaining standard LAMP stack
- Experience with Cloud Computing, particularly Amazon EC2, is a plus
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming and creating reusable code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with any of the following preferred: Thrift, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Lucene, Solr, Mahout
- Design, implement, and maintain standard and custom services to support main application.
- Design, implement, and maintain data center tools, including deployment, automation, and monitoring.
- Troubleshoot code, hardware, networking, and operating system issues
- Prepare for data center growth and scalability, including developing and running both standard and custom load tests
- Document data center and application processes and tools
- Design and maintain a high availability, multi data center enterprise level environment