For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
CH2M HILL Oil & Gas
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics or fuel for a tractor on the farm – the bottom line is the world needs oil. It is the one resource that has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group is an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. It is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional, and drive your own success. Are you ready?
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Senior TAR Administrator Careers – Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
The challenge? Helping ensure the supply of our world's oil and gas. At CH2M HILL, we deliver solutions that span the entire breadth of the oil industry. Our Senior TAR Administrator job will provide you with the opportunity to work on large scale oil and gas projects on the Alaskan North Slope on a rotational basis. Each day you will be an important team member providing a wide variety of administrative and staff assistance and support, including report preparation and correspondence. You should be a self-motivated, detailed-oriented proactive problem solver with 6 months experience with Payroll and Cost Reporting processes, and 6 months experience performing administrative work with remote North Slope operations, with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project.
Our Senior TAR Administrators:
- Verify TAR database input as needed ~ such as scope descriptions, etc…
- Schedule, book, set up, attend, and write meeting minutes for weekly TAR meetings.
- Look up needed drawings in EDDI and other systems as necessary
- Keep Work Order and cost code records current
- Manage TAR folders' structure and files and organize all documents contained therein
- Maintain personnel contact list
- Assist with IT/Network account requests, trouble-shooting, and simple configuration/implementation of software/hardware
- Assist Project Manager with contractual questions by serving as liason to Subcontractors when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive employee and contract information
- Daily creation of TAR manpower report
- Create daily timesheets and transmit to Anchorage Payroll
- Serve as single point of contact for Anchorage-based Payroll team for all payroll issues (timesheet and/or coding issues)
- Prepare and distribute various reports and mass communications as needed
- Track project costs and report daily to client cost team
- Verify accuracy of subcontractor timesheets
- Assist employees with payroll and benefit issues in support of HR
- Support project supervisors by proactively troubleshooting administrative issues and miscellaneous project questions
- Flights / Billeting for CH2M Hill & Repcon TAR groups
- Already covered in various points above.
- Record keeping of personnel certifications and safety records
- Expense tracking and submittal
- Weekly tracking and reporting of equipment usage
- Obtaining proper client authorizations (signatures or email) for timesheets / expense reports / costs
- Assist with monthly project status reporting The admin does not help with invoice preparation.
- The admin does not maintain the project list, that is one of my duties, and the “databases" portion is already covered in other bulletpoints.
- Maintain organizational charts
- Serve as single point of contact for employees for expense reports, travel authorizations and off slope training
- Reconciles and reviews expense reports for accuracy of coding, and documentation prior to entering the data Office material ordering / purchasing
- Other duties as assigned
This position is contingent on passing a fit for duty evaluation, during which the candidate must:
- Demonstrate ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- Lift 20 lbs from floor to knuckle level x 2 with a 12 second interval,
- Carry Test: Carry 20 lbs with one hand for a minimum distance of 25 ft x 2.Self-paced but continuous. (Allow a 60 second rest break between carry tests.)
- Stairs: Climb 1 flight of stairs, 12 steps per flight x 5 for a total of 60 steps. Self-paced, but continuous. (Allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down 30 steps.)
- Stair Climb and Carry: While carrying 20 lbs with one hand and holding onto a railing with the other hand for safety, walk up and down 12 steps x 2 for a total of 24 steps. Self-paced, but continuous.
Additional Information :
- The position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule (2 weeks on and 2 weeks off).
- Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided, however transportation between Anchorage and Prudhoe Bay is provided.
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position.
- 2 year minimum experience working knowledge of PC computer systems, including 2003/2010 Microsoft Office Suite programs, XP/Windows 7.
- 1 year experience working in other computer programs such as such as Microsoft Excel, Power Point and relational databases.
- 6 (Six) months experience performing administrative work with remote North Slope operations (in particular the knowledge of CH2M Hill and BP departmental functions and organization).
- Valid driver's license including ability to be insured by CH2M Hill's auto insurer required.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Experience with IT/Network account requests, trouble-shooting, and simple configuration/implementation of software/hardware.
- Ability to work with and process data using computerized spread sheets and database applications.
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and competing demands simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Thorough knowledge of multiple disciplines and an understanding of how your own area integrates and impacts other areas.
- Able to communicate technical information with others within diverse work teams.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to use sound judgment in making decisions.
- Proven initiative in developing, implementing and streamlining processes
- Previous experience in delivery of excellent customer service, and the ability to establish and maintain a rapport and strong working relationship with co-workers and client representatives.
High School or GED
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At CH2M, we love to take on our clients' most complex infrastructure and natural resource problems, creating new pathways for human...